One of the reasons for the rise in medical tourism in India is the because you have high quality of medical treatment in India. The second reason is the low expenses of treatment often being half or lesser than what they pay in their own countries.
Breakup of the costs involved
You have three types of costs involved in the treatment process. Here is the list:
- Pre-treatment charge
- Expense for the IVF treatment cycle
- Cost for advanced science
You incur this cost before you begin treatment. This includes the following things:
- The full list of hormonal medication
- Egg pickup and embryo-transfer process
- Complete IVF/ICSI cycle
- Preliminary blood tests, male-female investigations, related tests
- Sperm sample freezing
- Doctor fee
- Airport transfer
- Case manager to help with overall coordination
In the second group of tests, you have the IVF treatment cycle. This includes the following:
- Blood tests
- Standard medication
- Immediate and post-cycle counselling
- Support and care from specialist nurse
- Consultations with specialists in fertility
For those who opt for advanced techniques and science, other costs will occur. The cost and operations of these techniques depend on the hospital where you conduct your procedure.
India is a good option cost-wise
You can get the details of the cost of IVF treatment in India from the hospital website. The reason India is a top attraction for those who wish to undergo surgery is as given below.
- State-of-the-art technology on par with those in the US and the UK available in India
- The Indian IVF specialists have skills on par with those in the western countries.
- The staff is English-speaking so the patients do not have any communication problems.
- The techniques used for treating infertility are the best in the world.
- Good infrastructural facilities to help the stay of the patient comfortable.
Terms of IVF treatment
The term in vitro refers to the way we allow the sperm and the egg from the couple to fuse inside an incubator. They place the egg and layer the sperm over in a glass dish. People refer to it as the test-tube baby. You cannot opt for this procedure if you fulfil one or more of the following conditions:
- Had Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) in the past
- Multiple failed IUIs
- Mild form of endometriosis
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Fertility rate in India
India has a high infertility rate among couples in the reproductive age bracket. The figure stands at 22 – 33 million. Of this, the women account for 40-50% while men account for 30-40%. The success of this procedure is higher if you are young. On an average, when women opt for in vitro fertilization using their own eggs, they have a success factor of 5-30% depending on their age. The high percentage group is the women who are under 35 years of age.
Though the IVF treatment cost in India is one-fourth or lesser compared to the cost of the same in foreign countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia, the standard of the treatment is truly world-class.