We all must have heard the word “liposuction”. Liposuction is basically a cosmetic procedure which helps in removing extra fat from the body. In spite of boring diet routine and exercise, it is sometimes very difficult to get rid of body fat. In such a situation, the best method of getting rid of stubborn fat is the liposuction. Lipo procedure is performed by a plastic surgeon mainly on the body parts like arms, face, belly, thighs etc. It can also be done in combination with other kinds of surgeries such as facelift and tummy tuck.
Let’s understand liposuction in brief along with their benefits and safety tips:
Major benefits associated with a liposuction procedure:
Along with cosmetic purposes, this liposuction is highly beneficial for treating certain serious conditions.
- Lipo process is carried out for treating Lipomas which is a benign and fatty tumor and needs to be removed as soon as possible to have a healthy life.
- Liposuction will help you to enhance and contour the shape of your body.
- One of the important benefits of this liposuction is that it can help in treating the lipodystrophy syndrome. In this syndrome, there is excessive fat in some parts of the body but not in other parts.
- It is also highly beneficial for treating the condition of gynecomastia which is a condition where men get fatty mass near the breast. This fatty mass is removed through the liposuction process.
- Another important benefit of this procedure is that it can help in treating excessive sweating in the armpit and thigh areas.
Safety tips related to the liposuction surgery
In Liposuction technique, general anesthesia is used during the surgery for the comfort of the patients. Recovery time depends on the severity of the surgery. In this section, we are going to emphasize some of the safety tips and risks involved in this process are:
- Patients might feel mild numbness on the operated areas for a few weeks.
- This liposuction surgery can cause thrombophlebitis in some cases. This is basically a blood clot form that will get cleared on its own.
- There will be a gradual healing process in the patients that might involve moderate scarring.
And therefore, it is always said to consider the expert. Make sure you are going to trust on experience holder before undergoing Liposuction.
Liposuction is all about removing the extra fat from the body that can’t be shredded easily by strict diet or exercise. Along with cosmetic applications, lipo technique is beneficial for treating different conditions like gynecomastia, lipodystrophy syndrome etc.