Buying anything needs lot of efforts and skills. Those thinking to buy air source heat pumps must consider the following:
- Wide search – A complete hunt is a must before bringing home anything. Same is true with the air source heat pumps that need to be purchased after hunting the market and searching all sources. Friends and relatives may be asked as few of them must have purchased the item in the past. They could refer you to prominent manufacturers or suppliers. Walking down the local market can also be much helpful. You may find some reliable suppliers. Most of the companies post their profiles through their websites. As such click the mouse of your PC and have access to prominent concerns that deal in these pumps.
- Quotations, interview and scrutiny – It is suggested that quotations from few manufacturers or suppliers are asked. Demand their complete details. Ask for their qualifications and skill. The companies may be asked to furnish the details of their past dealings and prices etc. It must be followed by personal interaction with the representatives of the firms that have been asked to provide their info. A strict scrutiny of their details is a must to arrive a decision with regard to choosing the most reliable company from which you intend to buy the pumps.
Note – Focus your attention on the following before choosing any concern for buying air source heat pumps:
- Energy star symbol – It may be noted that such symbols are allotted only to the efficient and reliable companies. As such looking for the same is a must. It is the sign of reliability and prominence.
- HSPF Rating – The heating season performance factor, i.e. HSPF should also be looked despite the fact that EnerGuide label is there. The latter highlights the seasonal energy efficiency ratio, i.e. SEER. But HSPF rating should also be checked before bringing home the pump. The units that bear higher HSPF values are considered to be efficient.
- Steady state rating – This rating should also be checked. Usually it may be at –8.3°C (17°F), the low-temperature rating for units with comparable HSPF rating. Steady state rating is to describe the efficiency of the unit after it has been running for longer periods to reach its steady operating temperature. Units with higher steady state ratings are considered to be more efficient.
- Defrost control – Models with this option reduce energy use with minimum defrost cycles.
- Sound rating – Units that are quiet as well as efficient are good. Sound ratings expressed in bels, i.e. B or b with lower bels is regarded as more efficient.
- Size – The size of the unit must be quite reasonable. Undersized units may not heat adequately in cold weathers. Likewise oversized ones may switch on or off in frequent manners that cause hurdles. Certified HVAC contractors may be consulted for purchasing air source heat pumps.
- Installation costs – These costs must also be considered before buying the pump. These depend upon the type of the system and the existing heating equipment. Installation costs may be higher if ductwork needs modification or if the electrical service is required to undergo up-gradation.
The above tips prove fruitful in installing reliable air source heat pumps.