Joints are the most prone to long term damage once they get afflicted. Of all the ball and socket joints in our body the largest one is located in our pelvic or hip region. This is the most prone to damage and is one of the most difficult joints to heal. The rate of healing is directly proportional to the patient’s age. The younger you are the faster you will heal and yet as we grow old this joint becomes all the more susceptible.
So if you have suffered an injury in your hip and none of the pain medications seem to work then replacement through surgery is something that doctors will put on the table. Generally, the total hip replacement cost in India is quite high but if you have been suffering from this for a very long time, you will experience a relief from this pain. Here are some details about hip surgery that you can take note of:
- It is very important to know when hip replacement surgery is necessary and when you should stick to less invasive options. The first thing that you need to try out is to see if the pain can be reduced and controlled with the help of physiotherapy and medicines. However, if the pain persists and it leads to various sorts of difficulties when it comes to your daily activities then it is time to consult with your doctor and they will decide whether you need a hip replacement surgery or not. Make sure that you get a second opinion before you finally sign in for the surgery.
- Make sure that when you go to the doctor you have your files and reports about your medical history. A lot of factors will determine whether or not you are viable for a hip replacement surgery. Your medical history will play a hug role in determining that. In order to avoid post-operative infection, doctors will need the information as to whether you have had infections in your oral cavity recently or not. They will also need to know whether you are diabetic, have high blood pressure, etc. before they can consider you for the surgery.
- When you are considering a hip replacement surgery be prepared that your mobility will get affected for at least a month or so until and unless you can move about freely again. Driving will be out of the cards for a couple of months.
- You will have to bring about a change in your everyday routine if you have a habit of rigorously working out. You will be able to resume your exercise routine but you will have to see to it that it does not become too vigorous.
- The cost of hip replacement surgery in India is a pretty amount and hence make sure that you are financially prepared in case you decide to go for th Before the surgery, see to it that all your Mediclaimpapers are in order.
These are some very basic factors that you need to be aware of when it comes to a hip replacement surgery. Weigh out your options very carefully and then decide whether you should go with the surgery or not.