A Brief Introduction
We all have windows at every closed complex we enter, but have we noticed what most people use over their windows? In more professional spaces, people make use of blinds to cover their windows. Homes usually have curtains made out of various types of fabrics. However, if you want to upgrade to a more professional looking space for your home, then opt for blinds for your windows.
Let us understand what blinds are. Blinds are particular kind of covering for your windows, which are typically made of several horizontal or vertical flanks of various materials. These materials could be plastic, wood, fiber, or metal. These slats are held to each other using cords or channels which run through the flanks. When it comes to operation, they can be operated either manually or by using a remote.
Now, one will also find various types of window blinds if they look deeper into the subject. All these depend on what kind of blinds you want and the nature of windows you have for your home.
Types Of Window Blinds
Some of the types of window blinds for you to choose from are given below.
- Roller blinds
- Vertical blinds
- Roman blinds
- Wooden blinds
- Venetian blinds
- Fairwood blinds
Which blinds you will choose to depend on the factors that are necessary for you to buy them. There can be various reasons which push you towards opting for a window blind and the reasons also play a part in the decision behind which window blind type to go for. Some of them are:
- Window type and size
- Space or room for which blind is necessary
- The amount of light entering the space
- The material of choice for the slats
- Automated or manual
- Colour of window blinds
Keeping all the factors in mind, make a good and sound choice of the window blinds that you need.
Window Blinds Terminology
Window blinds have specific terminology, and one must understand them before they learn how to operate it. Window blinds can be tricky to operate, and as a result, you should be aware of which part is what so that you do not mess up while opening or re-folding the window blinds.
- Slats: We have mentioned this term earlier while referring to the constituent units of the window blinds. They are the individual pieces of the chosen material (wood or metal), which can be tilted at an angle for the amount of light entering and the amount of privacy needed. They are also called louvers.
- Cleat: This is a hook that comes attached at the sides. It is usually made out of plastic and is typically used for child safety with free cords that hang.
- Wand: This is an elongated, plastic device that closes or tilts the blinds.
- Sidewinder: This is the mechanism put into the blinds that control it. It is usually found in Roman blinds and is fitted with a bobble-chain.
Cleaning Procedure For Window Blinds
You may be wondering by now that the cleaning of blinds might be quite difficult compared to the usual windows, and you are right. It is tricky to get it cleaned as dust accumulates in the nooks and crannies of the blinds. This is the reason why you should clean them often.
You can either use wet wipes to wipe the blinds or alternatively, use a vacuum cleaner with the upholstery unit attached. In case of trouble, contact the professionals. Switch to window blinds for a new way of living.