Do you have a couple of old and trusty workout VHS tapes that contain your favorite exercise routines? While VHS may be a dying breed, the workouts that you follow are probably just as effective as ever – so instead of losing them along with your VHS tapes, why not transfer them over in the form of video files?
Once your workout VHS tapes are in video file form, you can play them on your computer, smartphone, tablet, or any other digital device. Alternatively you could even burn them onto a DVD and watch them on your TV using a DVD player.
If you want to pull any of this off however, you’re going to need to be able to digitize VHS tapes – and that requires Movavi Video Editor. With it and a video capture device that you can connect your VHS player to, all you need to do is:
- Connect the video capture device to the VHS player.
- Launch Movavi Video Editor and click ‘Record Video’.
- Set the ‘Video Capture Device’ and ‘Audio Capture Device’ to correspond to the devices that you’re using.
- Check the ‘Save files to’ setting and change it if you want to switch the destination folder for your video.
- Start digitizing the VHS by clicking ‘Start Capture’ and playing the VHS tape at the same time.
- Click ‘Stop Capture’ when it is done, and the video file will be saved to the destination folder that was specified.
As you can see it really isn’t all that complicated to digitize your workout VHS tapes. In fact you could even make use of the other features in Movavi Video Editor if you want to enhance the video quality, trim out unnecessary footage, or merge several workout videos together.
On top of that if you’re looking to polish your video then Movavi Video Editor has features that will allow you to apply various special effects and filters, insert stylish animated transitions, add audio tracks, and much more.
Now that you know how to convert VHS to digital video files, there’s really no reason why you should want to let your workout VHS tapes die off once they reach the end of their lifespan. By digitizing them, you could keep your favorite workout routine videos for years to come, and start to use it in different ways too.